I Am A Story
Join The Public Theatre and the Auburn Public Library for a morning of interactive and theatrical storytelling.
I Am A Story is an interactive and theatrical program designed to introduce children and their families to the magical and meaningful world of live theatre through contemporary and classic children’s literature.
Utilizing theatrical techniques to bring stories to life, I Am A Story provides young audiences with an entertaining and engaging environment that encourages participants to use their imaginations to creatively think, explore, and connect with the stories.
While the youngest kids will enjoy the lively interactive storytelling techniques, older children will learn how much fun they can have bringing new life to the stories they read on their own, to family and with friends.
I Am A Story is held at the Auburn Public Library on the Second Saturday of every month from 10:00-10:45 AM and is recommended for children ages 4-8 (Pre-K to Grade 3).
WHERE: Auburn Public Library, 49 Spring St, Auburn, ME 04210 – Large Community Room
WHEN: 10:00-10:45 AM – Second Saturday of the Month – check schedule for exceptions
Recommended Ages: 4-8 (Pre-K to Grade 3)
This is a FREE program. No registration is required.
*Schedule and stories subject to change.
October 19, 2019
- Big Pumpkin by Erica Silverman
- Sammy’s Spooktacular Halloween by Mike Petrik
November 9, 2019
- Turk and Runt by Lisa Wheeler
- Stone Soup by Heather Forest
December 14, 2019
- Runaway Dreidel! by Leslea Newman
- Santa Goes Green by Anne Margaret Lewis
January 11, 2020
- Squirrel’s New Year’s Resolution by Pat Miller
- Blizzard by John Rocco
February 8, 2020
- Rosa’s Bus, The Ride to Civil Rights by Jo S. Kittinger
- Ella Queen of Jazz by Helen Hancocks
March 14, 2020
- Mary Wears What She Wants by Keith Negley
- She Persisted by Chelsea Clinton
April, 11, 2020
- Muncha! Muncha! Muncha! by Candace Fleming
- Ernest’s First Easter by Pavin Stalder
May, 9, 2020
- Woof, A Love Story by Sarah Weeks
- Rescue & Jessica by Jessica Kensky and Patrick Downes
June 13, 2020
- And Tango Makes Three by Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell
- My Family, Your Family by Lisa Bullard
July 11, 2020
- John, Paul, George & Ben by Lane Smith
- Grace for President by Kelly DiPucchio
August 8, 2020
- Too Many Toys by David Shannon
- First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg
September 12, 2020
- The Name Jar by Yangsook Choi